Friday, October 2, 2009

Life can change so quickly

G and I had a lovely time in Plett, we walked about 8km every day along the beaches and I read a load of books (4 Harry Potter books in 1 week, the last 4, so big books) and G dived a lot. All in all it was very relaxing and peaceful. We saw whales every day while we were there and I always find seeing whales and dolphins special.
I was a bit uncomfortable the whole time and baby didn't move too much, but still moved, so was worried, but not! Saturday arrived back in Jhb and as we got off the plane baby started going mad, so that was a relief.
Sunday G and I started painting babies room, taking a lot longer than we planned for, that is for sure! But starting to look good.
Monday lunch time I get an email from my boss to say he will be in Jhb and see me on Tuesday morning 8:30am.
He walks into the office with words of doom and gloom about how badly the company is doing and hana hana hana and he has to close Jhb office down? Which I was expecting, not cause we doing badly, but because I went against his wishes with the car, idiot! So he tells me that I must agree to a Separation Clause and he will pay me October and will sign the car over to me? I mean WTF? As in I must resign, I think not, but I don't give him any inkling that I am against this and say I will speak to my hubby and lawyer and speak the next day. He says he will be in my office at 8:30, so I said no I told you I had my gynae appointment so I will contact him once I am back! I speak to my lawyer and he dictates what I must write back, which I do and send an email to my boss, saying no I will not resign, retrench me if the company is doing so badly!
Wednesday we go for the 25 week scan and baby is doing well, laying breech, head up bum down, but there is loads of room in there Dr says, so not worried. He says baby is 868g, I mean how cute, nearly 1kg .... G and I are over the moon.
I climb back into the car and get a message from the boss saying he has to drop off a letter and pick up files, am I back yet, I mean really, idiot, give me time! So I make him wait from 8:30 till 9:30 ... and then say I am here!
He comes and drops off the proper documents for a retrenchment AND if he could shoot fire out his eyes I would be a burning bush. I mean he is in Jhb has no printer with him, so the slimy sleaze ball was just trying his luck! He had the docs with him anyway! He tells me to meet him at 12:30 on Wednesday in Modderfontein!
I get told by my lawyer, then a friend via her boss and my neighbour who is a lawyer that the boss is stuffed as he has gone about this all in the wrong way and I can sue his arse!
Wednesday I meet with the boss, as technically he has to read through the whole letter with me and ask questions and take minutes. He looks terrible (ag shampies man, NOT) and acts all sorry that he is doing this to me... like ja RIGHT! I ask what he is planning to give me and we can work from there. I don't bring up the car again and neither does he.
But if I don't get what is rightfully mine and the car that is legally mine thanks to his letter, I will go to the CCMA as there is a big case against him and I could stuff with him big time ... so now it is the waiting game, to see what he will give me for my million $ signature!
I have to meet him next Thursday to see what the next step is. Sigh, but I am calm and I know there is an end to him in sight, as in an end to me having anything to do with this horrible horrible man! All going well I get the car, I get paid until the end of the year and then I can claim normal UIF for 6 months, which works out more than Maternity UIF for 4 months. So I am holding fingers, toes and everything else and hoping it works in my favour!

No comments:

Post a Comment