I last posted the end of October. Man life waits for no man ... or woman!
This year has flown. It has been 1 roller coaster ride of a year, I must be honest. It has thrown us lemon and rotten eggs, but ti has also thrown is rose petals and love.
Everything worked out for the best work wise. My lawyer was a super star and I got the car, it is officially in my name and he paid me the amount I specified. Which is a blessing in disguise ... all sorted before the end of the year. I had to get new tyres, new shocks and some brush or bush or something replaced too, was damn expensive and took alot of the money I got paid out, but way way cheaper than buying a new car! What a blessing! I went to my folks straight after being retrenched and I felt so at peace. My folks spoilt me and baby rotten! I ate like a horse and gained 2kg in 1 week!
Got back to Jhb and went to sort out UIF ... seeing is believing that they will start paying me 4 weeks from when I went ... meant to be 24 Dec? Ja right. But guess you never know. I am not enjoying not having my own money, that is 1 scary thing, but am sure it will get better!
But was saying to G over the weekend, this year has been 1 roller coaster between my MC in Jan and falling pregnant again in May and The car battle with my ex boss and then the retrenchment and all and for the 1st time this year I feel at peace. At peace with myself and the world! The weight has gone from my shoulders and I feel free! (other than not earning money)
I have painted every nook and cranny in the baby's room and I have been and gotten the basics of what baby needs and what I need for hospital. I have baked and baked and baked ... I have made jam and bottled fruit! I have seen friends ... I have sewed and sewed some more. I have washed the new born clothes and blankets. I have packed the baby's bag ... mine is more of a challenge! And eventually the room is coming to an end and things are packed away.
I had an awesome Baby shower and was spoilt rotten!
I have 1 month left, can you believe it ... 1 month, if she decides to stay in that long. Which I am hoping she does. Or maybe 1 week less, but no less than that. Gynae is away until 2nd Jan, so I am hoping she sticks it out till then!
4 weeks though ... everyone says the last month is the hardest, which I can now understand! I am just hoping that because it is a busy month ... it will go a bit faster. I have started drinking raspberry leaf tea in the afternoons and that seems to be helping with my uncomfy feelings!
I can't believe the girls that were just in front of me with falling pregnant are about to have their babies ... a couple this week already. Where does time go? Good luck girls ... will be thinking of you! Loads!
Plus my friend is coming back from the UK with her baby, I can't wait!
Another friend is pregnant ... whoo hoo! Congrats girl!
And all my other friends babies are growing up so fast!
Christmas isn't at our place this year for a change, we decided that it was safer to do it elsewhere. So having it at the in-laws. But my folks are away and it is going to be 1 different Christmas this year!
7 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment