Monday, March 1, 2010

A delayed post


My gorgeous baby girl was born on the 15th of January 2010 and is already 11 weeks and 2 days old. So much has happened in this last 11 weeks and I won't be able to put it all down, but I am so in love with her.

She was great till 2 weeks and then started being very unhappy and screaming all the time, turns out (we think) she is allergic to egg yolk? Once I stopped eating eggs, she stopped screaming?
We also took her to the chiro and the poor girls back was so out! The chiro was so amazing and so good with her, he has a little one 1 week older than Kaelyn! She in the beginning cried when on her back, after the chiro, she loves being on her back! Amazing!

She started to smile properly (even though a little uncontrolled) at 5 weeks and 2 days! It just makes my heart melt!

Now she is already more of a solid baby and not just a lump of baby. She can sit if I hold her, she has started a kind of laugh, which isn't really a laugh yet. Anything that happens to get into her hand goes up to her mouth. But if it goes over her eyes she cries even though she is still forcing whatever it is into her mouth. She makes me laugh.

She has G's ears, my eyes and thumbs, my mom's eyebrows and every thing else comes from G's side of the family. But she is cute.

I heard about this love you had for a child once it was born and how this love grew, but I never truly understood the love that you have for your child. I just love her so much and I love her 11 weeks worth of "more " than I did when she was born and it just keeps on growing.

I had to go onto Eglanol in the beginning as I didn't want to snap, as it isn't an easy transgression from couple life to baby in your life and the wake ups and the crying for who knows what reason, but I am nearly totally weened of of it and I don't resent her for those big crying sessions in the middle of the night anymore. The are just part of my life and we get through them all. Not that she has many to be honest. Only when I have too many green veggies.

Breast feeding is easy, I really enjoy it and I guess I am lucky as she feeds every 2 hours, but sometimes every 3,depending. BUT she won't take a bottle at all, screams blue murder when a bottle is given to her! Doesn't matter if it is expressed milk or formula, she refuses to take it. mmm!

I just love my baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment