Friday, August 28, 2009

Another week gone by

I was so good at writing in my journal and on my blog and now I have totally lost it! Has my life become boring? I have no clue? I am finding it rather stressful at the moment though.
So I went for my 20 week scan. I am half way? Half way? I always hoped it would happen and I would have a healthy happy baby at the end of my 9 months, but after my MC, I celebrate every week that goes by and I am still pregnant. My gynae spent a good 20 min on baby and checked everything. How he knows what it all is must take years and years of practice. G & I could see a few thing he pointed out and recognised, but in general we were just watching. Baby is always sleeping when we go for our scans. But low and behold as soon as we leave and I sit back at my pc, it wakes up again.
Gynae think it is a girl about 80%, but boy is she shy, does not intent to show her bits off to us. So for now I will mention baby as a she, but it might change at the next scan, who knows. The gynae showed us all 4 chambers of the heart and brain measurements and all, was amazing. It is a true miracle. She already sits like mom. 1 leg out straight and the other curled under her. Her little heart was beating 153bpm, which was amazing.
I even went and bought her 1st little outfit yesterday, I haven't bought a thing and thought come on B you can do this, so did and a little rattle. So I am now officially thinking in 20 weeks we will have a LO in our lives, to love and to hold and to cherish.
G & I are having fun batting names back and fourth, G is set on 1, but we will see. I really like it, but I don't like to have names set in stone until she is born. What if she doesn't look like the name we choose once she is born?
Anyway I am so glad it is Friday. I am going for lunch with my best friend and her cousin today with their babies. Think I deserve to get out and about after the last month I have had!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy that all is well with your angel! I will have to speak to her to show of her bits so we can make sure to start buying pink!

    ReplyDelete