Monday, June 1, 2009

Weekend

Shew what a social weekend. I am exhausted!
Friday I made taco's and both G & dad seemed to enjoy them, I struggled, but liked the salad side of them. Saturday I went to meet an old friend from school days, it was a lovely catch up! She hasn't changed, 1 bit! Spent 3 hours with her. Then got home to my messy kitchen my Dad was teaching G to make fruit liquores! My poor kitchen, so did a quick clean up and went off to Eileen's baby shower, which was lovely! Sheena & her mom put in soooo much work! Met Mandri! What a lovely lady! Got home to a house full of men to watch the rugby (G doesn't watch rugby, but my dad said he wanted to, so G made an evening of it!) I was so tired. I had a cup of tea, made a salad and baked some potatoes in the microwave and then sat down and didn't move much the whole evening. I crashed about 10 and didn't even hear everyone leave???
I was so grumpy yesterday, had our cousin get together here instead of the botanical gardens, was cold and was lovely, but my sister was in a poor me frame of mind and at the same time so bolshy about 4 of her ex's wanting her back????? I have no patience for her I really don't. The rest of us were having fun, then they left and my sister stayed and instead of having a nice chat she is negative and poor me all the time, I sometimes want to shake her and say wake up girl, there is more out there than what you see. Then I get stupid comments and I was so tired of socialising I eventually told her that it was time for her to leave! She wasn't happy, but I would have totally lost my cool.
I went and had a nap and felt better and then G came home from diving and starts on at me about my bosses choice and says maybe just take 2 months maternity leave as we can't afford more. Well I nearly lost it. I got so mad. Men just don't understand, I really don't think they do. I just wanted to cry and disappear into a hole in the ground for a few days! He took me out for Chinese last night and was much better. Think he spoke without thinking. Oh well time will tell with that, 7 months to be precise, well I guess less than, but anyway!
I truly believe everything happens for a reason and I must open my eyes and my ears and the answer will be told to me, but know I have to have patience! Patience is so hard to come by! Gee wish I could go buy it at a shop!
I sound negative too, guess I am having a down day!

2 comments:

  1. I am so jealous of everyone that went to Eileen's stork party!!! Tiredness is a total bitch in the first trimester. Luckily the extra energy you gain in the second makes up for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems like you really had a rough weekend! Don't worry, only 4 sleeps to go then its weekend again!

    It was wonderful meeting you too! And thanks again for the Angus Castus, I've been drinking it since last night so lets hope it works!

    Oh and when you find patience in a shop - please buy some for me too!

    ReplyDelete