I work for my boss and we are a small 2 man band and I do all the admin and I go see a few customers too. But I hate seeing customers, I am shy and I get nervous and all in all I avoid it.
Yesterday my boss drops a bomb on my head and says he is taking all the admin away from me and giving it to his wife in Durban and I must go on the road Sales & Marketing. He wants her to come up for a week in August and learn the accounts and then by the end of November she will have learnt over 4 months all the rest of the admin. I am trying to figure out how pregnant I will be and driving around all the time and and and, he says it will be up and running properly by the time I come off Maternity Leave. But Um what does he want me to do in December? Does he want me doing all of this whilst pregnant now. I am so confused. I now have to get a full time nanny which I didn't want and so much to think about, but have to get further in my pregnancy before I worry too much I guess.
I need a kick in my rear end cause I am bored sh!tless and I need change, wasn't quite the change I was expecting, but guess it is a start.
But my boss is such a sneaky conniving bum, I just wonder what else is up his sleeve. I have to get UIF and he is hinting at 3 months, but I want 4 seen as he is stuffing me around I won't be as kind as I was, as I was going to help out from 6 weeks seen as the main office is in my back garden! But will I be giving him ammo to fire me if I demand. So difficult with that man, he is not a nice man, he can be, but don't' think he likes being kind! (eg. he had a mistress for 19.5 years of his married life!) What kind of man is that?
I think I mustn't think about it too much now and just get past the pregnancy milestones! Otherwise I will go mad!

A mistress for 19.5 years! Yikes! Not very nice!
ReplyDeleteDid you talk to him today about all the things that was bothering you?
Thanks Mandri. I tried to talk to him and he blew me off and told me to cope. Idiot, don't like the man, but he pays my salary! Only want sto give me 3 months maternity leave. I want to find out if 4 months is leagal seen as I have to claim UIF, cause if he stuffs me around, I will stuff him around! grrrr just makes me mad!
ReplyDelete