Monday, May 4, 2009

Holiday, Signs


Wow, wow & wow again!

This holiday was absolutely wonderful, our Feb one, I was just too stressed out and freaked out and emotionally raw.

We stopped 1 night in Howick and saw where my parents are retiring to in 2 weeks (yikes), what a lovely village. I think it will suit them down to the ground. It is so peaceful and tranquil and beautiful. Yay for M&D! Hope all goes well!

Then off to Umkomaas for a night! Not my favourite spot, but the B&B was good. G did his diving, shame the 1st dive he got so seasick on the boat so didn't enjoy it too much, but managed to see a whale shark - lucky bum! We went to this absolutely divine restaurant in Scottborough, called Dodo's, absolutely wow! The food was so yummy and not expensive. Really great. G did another dive in the morning, plus I had given him my motion sickness tablets, so he enjoyed that dive way more. Sounds awesome down there other than the sharks, but still don't think I could force myself to start diving ... does that make me boring? Oh well tough. I managed to read loads, to the point that I thought shew I need to do something else.

Got to Sanlameer and thought wow, why was the last time we came here 4 years ago. That place just has this feeling of peace and nature, even though there are hundreds of units, they are painted to blend into the natural vegetation around. The day we arrived it was raining, but stopped just long enough to get all our luggage into the unit and then started again!

All we did most of the holiday was laze on the beach, walk on the beach, swim, then walk around San Lameer and then went for 1 hike at a nature reserve on the rainy day. Oh and to the waffle house. Met a friend and her husband & kids there and then bumped into Eileen, which was cool, pity we had made plans with my friends, would have been nice to sit with her and her hubby!

We were so so lucky with the weather, only 2 rainy days, which isn't bad at all. On the Wed G went back up to Umkomaas to dive and I went for a walk along the beach and sat on the rocks staring out at the sea and contemplating life. As I was walking along the beach I was thinking what sign can I ask for, for things to go well and I couldn't think of anything other than the obvious??? The next day G & I went walking along the beach and I suddenly though a cowry, that is the sign I want cause I haven't found a cowry on the beach in many many years even though we always used to find them as kids at Shelley beach. But I didn't have much hope as the shells on that beach are few and far between. But low and behold I looked down at this lonesome ownsome shell on 1 section and what was it??? Yup a cowry! How awesome is that! So told G and he laughed, then he found a half 1 and then later I found another 1. How special is that???? I couldn't stop smiling! I smiled all day. Not sure what it means, but it is a sign for good things to come with the TTC journey I am sure. We never saw any more and G & I are always searching for shells, we never can just walk on a beach, ever! I feel truly blessed!

Swimming in the sea is so cleansing and other than being dumped by the waves, felt really good. G & I decided that sand is sexist, no matter if I was in the sea for 2 min or 15 min, I always came out with a bikini top full full of sand? But G who spends like 30 odd min in the sea at a time, hardly hand any in his costume... Well I suppose it doesn't hug him tight, but neither really does my bikini, useless piece of material!
I slowly am getting used to that herbal concoction the homeo gave me, still vile and smells like smelly socks, but anyway. I managed to read 4.5 books and spends lots of QT with G. 1 thing I found strange was that 95% of the people at Marina beach and San Lameer were young families with young kids. Was it to slap me in the face or to give me hope? I think I will go with the hope! There were preggy ladies and all sized kids, and twin babies and young kids learning to ride their bikes, no matter where I looked I saw young kids. & to tell you the truth I was ok with it. Still wish for it for me, but seeing these happy little families gave me so much more hope!

Our last day there was the best weather, calm sea and just truly amazing! Was just bliss. The drive home on Saturday wasn't bad, 704km ... isn't long but is.

This is funny -

The symbolism of the Cowry shell is associated with the appearance of its underside: the lengthwise opening makes the shell look like a vulva ... hahaha, how apt is that? Oh well!

Oh and this .... The shells represent the eyes of the Gods and the womb of the Goddess.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had an awesome holiday! You really deserved it!

    ReplyDelete