Monday, May 25, 2009

Sad

I don't expect a huge amount of anything from my family and I love them all to bits, but sometimes they make me so so sad. My folks moved to Howick on Tuesday last week. In the entire week of speaking to them and finding out how the move was and all with phone calls and such, not once did anyone ask how I am feeling? How am I? How is this pregnancy? I don't expect constant anything, but just once would have been nice!
My mom phoned my Dad last night to see if he had gotten here ok and she said "Hello, I am so tired, the dogs exhaust me, I was out for tea twice with people here .... are you still pregnant? "pause" and then carried on talking about her ... " Just makes me want to cry. We had my sister and over and my Dad is stayng with us from last night for a braai and G said "Belinda is eating so much and not as nauseous this time", then I think they clicked, but it wasn't a big click!
Why do I expect more? Why am I so alone? I love my family, but shit they make me want to cry!

2 comments:

  1. Belinda, unfortunately we don't get to choos our families. My family is very supportive, but sometimes they do the exact opposite of what I need them to do. There is nothing we can do to change them, but sometimes we need to sit them down for a talk and make them realise how we feel. I've realises that most of the time it's because they don't know how to handle the situation and then they "ignore" it and it's percieved as not caring. I'd advise you to speak to them openly, if nothing changes, then at least you tried.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ag honey! I know how you feel!

    We are here for you no matter what!

    ReplyDelete