

I feel shy copying all the bloggers I follow, but why not!
I was married before to what I thought was the love of my life, but it was just his looks & power over me. He was bad news! I was married for a whopping 14 months, but was with the idiot for 4.5 years! He had blinkers over my eyes! He left me for someone else, but it was the best thing that happened to me and I have never looked back.
5 month after he left I was with a friend and we had to go fetch her brother from his friends house as they had just gotten back from a boys holiday. So I tagged along and it was the 1st time I met her brother and some of his friends. The guy who's house we fetched him from was Gareth's. I saw him and though nerdy, but oh so cute, but left it at that ... I was still enjoying single life.
I started rock climbing when my ex left and loved it, went with the friend & her brother (the one we went to fetch) every weekend and I loved it. 3.5 months after I saw G for the 1st time, they said the guys are all coming to climb too! And guess who was with them? Yup Gareth. I still thought wow and I could talk to him and didn't freeze up. Now all these guys are electrical engineers, and engineers are special right ... well my friend has 2 doctorates and is 1 brainy girl. Anyway we were all talking and G asked me ... so what do you have a doctorate in? Well I nearly died, I have never been to university, I never studied, I just started working straight from school, then traveled overseas for 1.5 years, so ja. I thought oh well I will be too dumb for him didn't know what to say, my friend saved my little arse and said she works as .... blah blah blah and moved on. I still felt dumb! Later he aid he was having a braai at his house the following weekend and asked if we wanted to go, but I assumed he didn't mean me?
The next weekend my friend said so you coming to G's braai, I was like me... I didn't know I was invited. But I went and G had this other girl there that followed hm around so ended up chatting to his brother all night. But I am dead shy when I 1st meet people so mainly stayed by myself.
A month later 1 of the guys had a braai at his place and I was invited again and so was my cousin. Now my cousin is drop dead gorgeous, all men fall for her! I told her who he was and I thought he was cute and he spoke a bit to her and she turned to me and said that man really likes you? I said me, no way!
We had a dvd valentines day 1 night and he was there, I think it was a Mon or Wed.
That following Monday I was out with my mom for dinner and my phone rang and it was G asking me out for dinner. My mom said if I wasn't sitting down I would have fallen over I went white and then lobster red! He had asked for 2 diff nights and 1 I couldn't but the other I could. So we went. Man was I so nervous I just giggled all night, like a little school girl??? I invited him for a cooked meal the following weekend and we saw each other once a week for ages and it turned into twice a week, was truly amazing. We became friends long before lovers and it took him 1 month to hold my hand and 2 months to kiss me, but boy it was just amazing. Found out he checked out my cousin, but realised fast she was hard work and she looked fake to him and he just found me so fascinating! ??? Me??? The chick that followed him was really just a good friend, she is still now! He didn't care that I hadn't studied, was quite glad I hadn't cause his ex was a fanatic. Oh before we even started dating I told him I would never ever get married again. I said been there done that bought the t-shirt - Clever hey? We never lived together, but he would stay over once a week, that is all. All I can say is had very good morals!
We had been dating 1 year 5 months when he asked me to marry him and I said yes. We bought a house and moved in the October 2006 and we were married 24 February 2007. I am even more in love now than I was when I met him and wouldn't swap him for the world.

Aaww, that's so romantic. I am glad you found the one you can spend eternity with, and now there is a little one on the way! Yay.
ReplyDeleteSo romantic! And now everything is going to be even more perfect with the little one coming!
ReplyDeleteso romantic Bel ...
ReplyDeleteseems like in life u have to meet the wrong one to appreciate the right one